Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It takes all sorts…


My faith in humanity is restored everyday by incidents such as these. It takes all sorts to make a world.
Last night when I came back from work, I opened the boot and found that my professional bag had been stolen. But unfortunately for the thief there wasn’t much worth in the bag. Only a few physicians samples, brochures and papers. Not even a few Sudanese pounds.
Early this morning while I was having my first cup of tea, a quiet voice called me on my cell phone and asked whether this was the right number. He said he was Mohamed Fageer and had my bag. We decided to meet at the Shergy Bus Stop. He said he found the bag in his ‘Amjad’ the local van cab. Some men had got in last night. It was only this morning when the regular school children got in they showed him my bag. Luckily my business card was in the bag where he got my contact number. The thief  had left my bag in the transport.
I thanked Mohamed Fageer and gave him a small reward which he accepted reluctantly.
My faith in humanity is restored everyday by incidents such as these. It takes all sorts to make a world.


No comments: