Thursday, May 1, 2014

Congratulations Anuradha Lohia



If you see the group picture below, the girl in the extreme left is Anuradha Fatehpuria. We used to call her Fateh. I somehow was always comfortable calling her Anuradha. We were classmates studying the same subjects in the same college in Calcutta. She was a pleasant person with a spring in her gait. Later we knew that she was a dancer. We had witnessed the Arangetram her first public performance of Kuchipudi dance with her Guru at the YMCA auditorium in Chowringhee. She got married while studying in college and was renamed Anuradha Lohia. After graduating with flying colours she joined Science College to study her Master’s in Biochemistry. The last time I saw her was in the canteen of Science College almost 35 years ago.

She later became a Senior Professor of Biochemistry in Bose Institute. And today she has been selected as Vice Chancellor of Presidency University, our alma mater. That is why she said “ Whatever I learnt at Presidency College, I will return it for the best of Presidency University”. I am sure you will Anuradha. All the best to you. She sadly shut down her Facebook account and I will receive no more comments from her on my posts. I guess one has to pay the price for positions especially in academic institutions.

N.B. You will find me in the box

No comments: